Wednesday, September 5

Twenty-second week, Italy first part



This week, I have prepared my trip to Italy. I spent the first 2 days in Rome, where I visited the city, trevi fountain, Colosseum and different places. The city is full of tourists, street artists and the Italian people are nice. It is a beautiful city, very green, where ancient, medieval, renaissance and modernity  mingle together.
I was able to visited the Vatican. Long, very long corridors, with a quantity of statues, painting, on the wall and ceiling too, a museum of ancient egypt and mythical and realistic animals statues. I also saw the Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the central place, surrounded by four rows of columns. An impression of magnificence without any special feeling... Just beautiful and vast.
I met an Italian, Paolo, who proved an extreme generosity to accomodate me to his home and show me the city. Grazie mille, nuovamente.
Rome, it was also a nice moment to drink my favorite beer, a Guinness, which I missed since the last time in Paris. As you see, Miss McAbre really enjoys the food here, she said napolitan pizza is the best...


No comments:

Post a Comment