Tuesday, April 17

Second week on Vänö


This week, I helped Joachim charge for wood in the forest, we also had a bucket load of wood to move one step further with the tractor. Then we had to carry two bags of wood near the port. This occupied us a whole day.
I also took a morning to clean the apartment where I'm staying right now, waiting for a warmer weather, because I receive a visit for four days.
Magnus and I also loaded two boats with a manual winch to move the tractor, he has already put one in water, after to have install the motor, battery and checked the oil and gasoline. The other has to undergo some repairs before the launch. Soon we will have a lot of work to paint some boats.
Another big job to be completed in the coming days is to clear a land full of juniper into a future soccer field and places to camp, near the sea. Is an exhausting work, because branches and roots are tangled. Then, we must for reduce it, to cut the branches to make small pieces of wood and cover the ground. Thereafter, we will move the stones that litter the ground, and extract the roots.
As I said, this week I receive a visit ... Indeed Johanna came to spend a few days with me on Vänö. I also think that I must give her a big thank you for her help in the field of juniper. I'm glad she's here. We went to the beach to walk, and to discover the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment