Wednesday, August 8

Eighteenth week in Finland

This week, I went to Turku, where I met Nicole, my mentorWe made a tour of two parks, and I also went into the cathedral for the first time, amazing and beautiful. I had avery good time with her, thank you one more time Nicole!
This weekend, for Vänö Rock, we had the "Shitboots" in concert. A band full of energy, it was very recreational!
This Tuesday was the last Kid's Club. We made cups and balls, and a game of synchronization, in addition to some animations of interiors, and circus. Parents are looking forward to next year ... In fact, I wonder if were children or the parents who were the happiest?
I also visited Örö, a military island. We went on the Inga, a huge wooden sailing boat.
When we came on board, the captain explain us that they have a tradition: on the Inga, this is not the crew who maneuver, is the visitors ...
 Incredible ... In Finland they have saunas even on boats!
Örö, a military island very secure and protected with ghost town since 2005. Great guns, a road built by 2000 Chinese prisoners under Russian occupation, and an abandoned village.
Aparently, the Russians were very fond of this plant which smells good and makes turn the head: Artemisia absinthium L.. A part of the visit concerned the local flora and fauna, including butterflies and protected and invasive plants.
And this is who I found waiting for me on the doorstep to Vänö. Miss McAbre had a dark anger, because I forgot to pick up her with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment